Veterinary Surgeon – Hemel Hempstead
Total package value up to £60,000 DOE
Save lives and make a real difference at Vets Now
Vets Now are at the forefront of emergency and critical care, making a real difference and saving the lives of pets each and every day. Working as an emergency vet surgeon will expose you to a diverse range of cases that you simply won’t see in general practice. In Hemel Hempstead, 95% of the caseload is private. The remaining 5% is out-of-hours cover provided to the PDSA. Days tend to be steady with plenty of time to work up cases or perform surgeries in between consultations and evenings are variable but rarely hectic.
Flexible working options that suit your needs
Vets Now Hemel Hempstead is driven by talent and recognises that every Veterinary Surgeon has different needs. We are looking for dynamic talented vets who are passionate about ECC first and foremost - this role can be fulfilled on a part time or full time basis.
Great place to work
Recognising hard work is really important to us. Our employees are our greatest asset which is why we offer a first class benefits and rewards package that could include 6.6 weeks annual leave, pension contributions, professional membership, free holiday accommodation in Arran, 50% discounted staff pet care, death in service of two times annual salary, membership of employee wellbeing programme, company sick pay scheme, company maternity, paternity and adoption pay scheme and your birthday as a day off.
Be at the forefront of clinical excellence
Joining the well-established and close-knit team in Hemel Hempstead presents a real opportunity to practice Gold Standard medicine. The Vet team are experienced clinicians and will support the development of both surgical and medical skills through case discussions and mentoring. Our team of registered vet nurses all hold or are studying towards the VN Cert ECC. There’s also an opportunity to get involved in our student EMS programme, shaping the future of the veterinary profession.
Continuous professional development
As well as providing a competitive package of rewards and benefits, we also take pride in celebrating our successes. This includes hosting an annual awards ceremony for those who have exceeded expectations. Clinical staff are also encouraged to attend our annual ECC Congress, the largest in the UK, which features an array of internationally accredited speakers, delegates and exhibitors. In Hemel Hempstead, we have a good relationship with local referral clinics, creating lots of local CPD opportunities. Our CPD package is second to none, VDS and RCVS fees are covered and we will support you in achieving an ECC certificate. We make a real impact on the wider profession by driving clinical research and, by joining the Vets Now family, you will be at the forefront of clinical excellence.
At Vets Now we are passionate about training and the on-going development of our employees. If this vacancy is of interest and you feel you would benefit from a supported route in to our business then one of the options below may be perfect for you.
Cutting Edge: 10 week supported route into a full time role with Vets Now for those looking to start their career in ECC.
AdvantEdge: 2 week programme for experienced, talented Vets that will fast track them into a successful emergency role.
Refresh Your Edge: 12 week flexible, distance learning programme aimed at Vets who have maybe had a break in practice and are looking to ease their way into ECC.
To find out more about this vacancy and how it can meet your needs, please contact Anne in the recruitment team on 01383 841181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org