Vets Now may change or update this policy from time to time, so please check it every time you make an application, to make sure you are aware of the most recent version.
Our Commitment To You
Any information that you give us is held with the utmost care and security. We have put in place procedures to ensure that the information we collect online is managed safely. It will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
• Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
• Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
• Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
• Accurate and kept up to date
• Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
• Kept securely
Use of Information
You can look at our job site and search for jobs without giving us any personal information about yourself.
When applying for a vacancy you will need to provide us with the following information as a minimum:
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Employment History
• CV (for certain roles only)
We use the information you provide us with to:
• Process your recruitment application
• We may use e-mail or telephone to contact you to discuss your application
• Consider you for alternative positions which you may be a match for if you consent to this internal record keeping
• Keep you updated on new vacancies that meet your criteria via email job alerts, if you consent to receiving them
• Fulfil our legal obligations
• Compile your People Services record (which would be your personnel record) if your application is successful and you accept an offer of employment
• Contact your referees to obtain references if you are successful in your application and with your prior consent
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully.
We will store the information you provide us with for a limited time only if your application is unsuccessful.
Sensitive Personal Information
If you provide any details on a disability or other medical condition you have that may be relevant to the role that you are applying for, we will use that information to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during interview.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
We will share your personal information with our People Services team for the purposes of adding you to our HR system if you are to be offered employment. Our People Services team are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow them to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Vets Now treat all the data you provide us with the utmost care and security. Any details you give us will remain completely confidential.
We will never contact our candidates requesting confirmation of account details or passwords and we advise our candidates never to enter these details into an email or after following a link from an email. If you are contacted by our Recruitment team they will confirm your name and the role that you have applied for. Contact would be either by telephone, text or email using the contact numbers or email address supplied by you in your application.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
The Vets Now job site uses a feature of your Internet Web Browser called a 'Cookie' on our site.
If your interests or requirements change, you can unsubscribe from part or all of our marketing content (for example job alert emails or Vets Now newsletters) by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email you have received, or by updating your preferences on the Vets Now job site (by signing into your account or entering your email address).
We will hold your personal data for a period of no longer than 12 months or as long as is necessary to fully process your application, whichever is sooner. We will store the information you provide us with for a limited time only if your application is unsuccessful.
We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
Your Rights & Access
In addition to the company's safeguards your personal data is protected in the UK by the General Data Protection Regulations. This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. This information should, where necessary, be kept up to date and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is truthful and accurate.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Right to Withdraw Consent
When you apply for any role, you provided consent to us processing your personal information for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the Vets Now Privacy Group as above. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.